This creamy mushroom soup is a must for cold winter, simple to made, we can forgot the canned stuff for ever!!
600g white mushrooms clean and finely chopped (if possible add few dry porcini)
2 shallots peeled and finely chopped (if not available, replace par 1 medium white onion peeled and finely chopped)
2 tablespoons plain flour
200ml fresh cream
Bouquet garni (link for method)
1 litre vegetable stock
1 small bouquet of flat-leaf parsley
1 small lemon juice
Sea salt and pepper
Truffle Oil (Optional)
- Mix the chopped mushrooms, chopped shallots and the lemon juice.
- In a large casserole, add half of the butter on a medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the mixture, stir, then let it simmer for 10 minutes - medium heat.
- Meanwhile prepare a white sauce with the stock, butter and flour (click the link for method).
- Add the sauce to the mushrooms mixture and the bouquet garni, mix and bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bouquet garni.
- Whiz the soup up to a puree.
- Add the Fresh cream and mix.
- Add Sea salt and pepper to taste.
Before serving sprinkle the chopped parsley on top of the soup and few drips of truffle oil.
You can quickly fry some nice-looking mushrooms like Girolles, Chanterelles or oysters and sprinkle these on top of the soup.
Serve with grilled garlic bread