without a special trip to the shop ! Serve warm or cold with a drop of cream for afternoon tea.
Kids love it !
4 beautiful apples (Golden or Red)
150g/5oz sugar (to make caramel)
100g/3oz self raising flour
100g/3oz unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven at 250C
- Heat up 5 tablespoons of sugar with 2 tablespoons of water in a saucepan, medium heat.
- Remove the sugar from the heat when it has turned brown
- Put the caramel into an oven proof cake mold and shake the mold so that the mixture is well distributed all over the dish. Take great care during this process not to get burned
- Peel and core the apples and cut them into half rings about 5mm thick.
- Put on top of the caramel layer the most beautiful slices of apples and add the others on top.
- In a bowl mix together the softened butter and the sugar, add eggs one after another and then the flour.
- Put this mixture on top of the apples layer.
- Bake in the oven 35 minutes.