For 8 gluttons
250g raising flour
1kg ripe pears
250g icing sugar
pinch of salt
50ml pear eau de vie or any eau de vie available in your pantry or a bit of cherry perhaps ? (optional)
- Butter and flour a cake tin, reserve.
- Peel the pears and dice into 2cm pieces.
- In a frying pan brown them over a high heat with 82 g of butter.
- Add the honey and let it caramelize until golden autumn leaves.
- With a whisk, mix 250g of softened butter with the icing sugar.
- Incorporate the eggs one by one then add the rest of the flour and the
- Pinch of salt.
- Softly add the caramelized pears and the juices.
- Pour the mixture into the reserved cake tin and bake at 200/220C for 50minutes.
Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool for 10 minutes then remove it from the tin (if you can :)