Incredibly simple this recipe from my mother is like a cuddle to my belly and soul.
1 leek medium or 2 small one
1 medium onion peeled and sliced
2 l. of water (including the vegetable stock)
1 bouquet garni
Salt and Pepper
2 tbsp butter
4 medium potatoes or 2 big or 6 small or 12 peddles size
3 cups vegetable stock
1/3 upper end stalk celery with leave
1 bouquet of fresh parsley finely cut (or ¼ cup of dry parsley)
- Clean the leek and cut in four lengthwise then, slice through in small pieces.
- Clean and peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Clean and cut the celery.
- Heat the butter in a big casserole until it is liquid. (medium heat)
- Add the leek, potatoes, onion, celery and stir, coating the vegetable with butter.
- After 4 minutes add the water and stock.
- Add Salt.
- 10 minutes after the beginning, add the pepper.
- Then adjust the heat to low and let it cook for 20 minutes – stirring from time to time (check by piercing the vegetable with a knife)
- Once the vegetables are tender, using a food processor, blender or immersion mixer, process the soup until smooth.
- To serve, ladle the soup into soup bowls and sprinkle with the parsley.
This soup can be prepared in advance, even the day before.
Keep it in the fridge and reheat the pot with a slow heart while stirring.
Don’t be heavy with the celery, as we just want a delicate perfume, not a strong note.