Looking for a light, creamy and super easy dessert ? This mousse au citron is delicious. The best thing about this mousse besides its deliciousness is that it’s made with simple ingredients and you only need 10/15 minute to prepare it.
For 4 gourmets
2 medium lemons juice
1 orange zest
3 free range eggs, separated
- Whisk together the egg yolks and the sugar until it is well mixed.
- Add the mascarpone and whisk well.
- Add the lemon juice and half of the orange zests.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl (as cold as possible) whip the white eggs with an electric whisk in high speed until peaks form when the whisk is removed.
- Gently and carefully fold the beaten whites into the cold lemon mixture.
- Stir the mixture gently until it begins to thicken.
- Pour the mixture onto 4 little bowls and sprinkle the rest of the orange zests over the top of the mouse and leave them in the fridge for about 3 hours.
You can use heavy cream instead of mascarpone
You can add ½ cup good bottled lemon curd at room temperature