Digging the beach sand for salty delicacies is one of my passion
I can't stop digging out from the salted sand, the local clams called Palourdes and Praires in Bretagne.
I do have a special tool made in Brittany and it is just perfect !
Here is how I cook local clams in the most simple way.
Palourdes or Praires
A small bouquet of parsley
If you buy it, be sure that they are closed and not broken, it is a proof that it is fresh.
- Wash them with a lot of fresh water, don't soak them.
- Throw them in a big pan with 1/2 glass of water on medium heat.
- Add the parsley finely chopped.
- Shake the pan vigorously several times.
- It will take approx. 3 minutes
- Once they are all opened, drain the clams.
You can eat it strait away with few drops of olive oil, drizzled with fresh thyme
(thyme flowers as well) and fresh pepper.
Buddy it up with fresh pasta or fresh green salad