A delicious and simple recipe that can be made from store cupboard ingredients
3 fresh tomatoes each cut into quarters
4 drained anchovy fillets
1 medium onion finely sliced
1 can of peeled tomatoes ( use 1can and ½ or be bold and use 2 cans if you don’t have fresh tomatoes)
500g canned tuna in Springwater ( drain the tuna and reserve the spring water)
3 small garlic cloves, crushed
3 tbsp Virgin olive oil
½ can of black olives
2 tbsp of chopped parsley
1 tbsp of Parmesan
Salt and Pepper
- Heat the 2 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan for a minute.
- Add the finely sliced onion and let it cook until transparent.
- Add the can of tomatoes and the fresh ones.
- Add the garlic and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the drained tuna, the anchovy fillets, salt and pepper.
- Toss for a few seconds and let it bubble for a few minutes on gentle heat.
- After 10 minutes stir in the black olives.
- Put the pan on the back burner on low heat.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water for about
- 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta.
- Toss the penne with the sauce, mix in the last tbsp. of olive oil and season to taste.
- Add a little bit of the spring water reserved from the Tuna can if the pasta seems too dry.
- Add the parmesan and the chopped parsley on top and serve.