1 leaf of puff pastry flat, if frozen ( leave it 20mm out of the fridge before using)
4 eggs and 1 yolk
100g grated cheese (Cheddar or gruyere)
200/300g crème fraiche
1 good pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 220.
- Grease a flan or quiche tin with butter.
- Line the tin with the pastry and trim off any surplus.
- Prick the dough several times with a fork.
- Bake if for 10mm and then remove from the oven.
- Cut the ham into small cubes and reserve it.
- Cut the mushroom into thin slices and reserve it.
- Beat the 4 eggs and 1 yolk, stir in the crème fraiche, beat again to obtain an homogeneous mixture.
- Season the mixture with nutmeg, pepper and a very little salt.
- Distribute the ham cubes evenly over the flan case, grated cheese and mushrooms.
- Poor the egg-cream mixture over the ham and mushrooms and add a little bit of grated cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 40minutes - oven 180/200.
Serve hot or cold with a green salad - A cold wine rose or dry white will be perfect.
Can be still good when it’s cooked, 2 days in the fridge with plastic film on it
You can prepare in advance, put it in the fridge for several hours uncooked.