The smell of Provence
1 tin of red beans
1 tin of white beans
8 fresh tomatoes
3 zucchinis sliced in 1.8cm thick rings
1 onion peeled and sliced in small cubes
A hand full of fresh green beans
3 garlic cloves with their shirts
2.5 l. of water
Salt and Pepper
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 bouquet garni
Pistou sauce ingredients
100 g of fresh basilic leaf
5/6 peeled garlic
150g of grated Parmesan
- Bring the water to the boil, in a large, very large pot.
- Stir in the fresh tomatoes cut in quarters, the zucchinis, the fresh green beans and the onions.
- Add the 3 garlic cloves, bouquet garni, salt and pepper.
- Return to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for 45/60minutes.
- Then add the 2 tins of white and red beans and a hand full of small pasta.
- Let the soup cook gently for 20/30 minutes,
Sauce au Pistou
Add the 6/8 garlic cloves in a food processor then add the parmesan and basil leaves and push the button "on" for 20 seconds in order to mix well the ingredients, then with the blender on, add the olive oil slowly and patiently.
The pistou needs to have the consistence of yogurt.
Put in the fridge until you serve the soup where people will mix the soup and pistou to their taste.
The pistou can be kept several days in the fridge, covered.