This cauliflower soupe garnished with few prawns will be a sublime first course and it is really really easy !
1 beautiful Cauliflower, separated in small bouquets
500ml of milk (reduced fat milk is alright if you are on diet :)
500ml of chicken stock
50ml of cream
A small bouquet of chives, chopped
8 raw prawns, peeled
Salt and Pepper
- In a big saucepan, add the cauliflower 's bouquets and enough water et let it cook for 20 minutes or until it is very soft.
- Drain it.
- With a food processor, blender or mixer, process the cauliflower until smooth.
- Add the chicken stock and mix well.
- In an other pan bring the milk to a boil, then add to the soup and whisk well.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil then add the cream while constantly stirring.
- Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan as cauliflower burns easily.
- Add the prawns.
- The result should be a creamy white soup.
- Taste the soup and season. I don’t recommend to add salt while cooking, since the seasoning from the chicken stock will usually suffice.
- Serve very hot with the chopped parsley or chives and buddy it up with sliced toasted wholegrain bread if you wish.
Version 2: instead of chives, add 50g of lump 's eggs (red or black or both)
Version 3: you can add 1 soupspoon of tomatoes puree at the end of cooking and
your soup will be pink :)
Can be re-heated the day after.