Easy, delicious, i r r e s i s t i b l e….
1 leaf of puff pastry, flat (home made or bought from your preferred shop)
4 eggs and 1 yolk
12 green and tender asparagus – (If only big asparagus available, like the white European one, then pre-cook them 10 mins in boiling water)
2/3 mushrooms cut into thin slices
250 g creme fraiche
100g grated cheese (Cheddar or gruyere)
100 g Goat cheese or Sheep cheese finely diced or crumbled.
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220.
- Grease a quiche or tart tin with a bit of butter.
- Line the tin with the pastry and trim off any surplus, fill with dry beans and bake for 13-14 mins. (if you notice holes or cracks, patch up with leftover pastry trimmings).
- While the pastry cooks, prepare the filling.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, stir in the crème fraiche, salt and pepper, then beat again for 2-3 minutes.
- Distribute the sliced mushrooms evenly over the flan case, then half of the grated cheese.
- Sprinkle over the Goat cheese.
- Pour over the egg-cream mixture over the mushrooms and cheeses.
- Display the young green asparagus or the cooked one on the top with few short stem to evoke the sun set :)
- Sprinkle the rest of grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 mins – at 180/200C.
Serve hot, warm or cold with a green salad, as an entrée or a main course.
You can store it, cooked, in the fridge with plastic film on top for 2/3 days
You can prepare in advance, just store it in the fridge, uncooked for no more than 12hours.