2 rectangular ready-rolled puff pastry sheets
5/6 tomatoes thinly sliced
200g fine slices (or grated) Jarlsberg or Gruyere
Salt and pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 200.
- In a rectangular oven dish, unroll the puff pastry onto an aluminium foil.
- Spread the mustard onto the pastry, you can go as easy or as generous as you want.
- Cover it with gruyere slices.(or sprinkle over the cheese)
- Display the tomatoes slices, artistically.
- Add the olives
- Drizzle with thyme and olive oil.
- Add thyme.
- Season well
Put in the oven for approx. 15-20 minutes until the tomatoes are tender.
Perfect hot from the oven or at room temperature as well, you can eat it as an entree with a leafy green salad and a glass of iced rose wine.
You can add sliced rounds of soft goat cheese onto the tomatoes slices which get crusty - brown on top and warm and creamy inside - in this case, skip the gruyere layer.