1 can of peeled tomatoes
2 tablespoon of tomato paste
3 beautiful tomatoes
1 teaspoon of sugar
2 big garlic cloves
1 bouquet garni + 1 bouquet of fresh parsley finely cut
200ml fresh cream
salt and pepper
1 egg yolk
- Bring to boil 1 litre of water
- Meanwhile puree the tomatoes from the can with their juice ,
- Add tomato past
- Add smash garlic and shallots.
- Pour this puree in a dish
- Add sugar, salt and pepper
- Mix it with the boiling water
- Rinse, Quarter and drain the 3 beautiful tomatoes
- Add the bouquet garni
- Bring to a boil
- Then adjust the heat to low and let it cook for 20minutes – stirring from time to time.
- Mix the egg yolk and the fresh cream in a separate bowl
- When the soup is cooked, stop the heat and add the mixture egg & fresh cream
- to the soup and stir all the time.
- With a food processor, blender or immersion mixer, process the soup until smooth.
- To serve, ladle the soup into soup bowls and sprinkle with the remaining parsley.
This soup can be prepared in advance , even the day before keep it in the fridge and when it is time reheat the pot with a slow heat while stirring often.
The 3 fresh tomatoes is just an option