for 2 people
1 medium size fish, gutted and scaled
2 big tomatoes chopped
1 onion chopped.
1 small bouquet of flat leaf parsley finely chopped
2 tablespoons of white wine (Chardonnay or Pinot grigio)
Salt and pepper
Optional : walnut oil - truffle oil
link : how to judge the freshness of whole fish
Fresh Oregano, thyme, sage, basil, marjoram, a little bit of rosemary from the garden if possible,
otherwise use dry mixed herbs
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 tablespoon of crushed ginger
1 tablespoon of curcuma
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Combine parsley, all the herbs, the crunched ginger, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Drizzle this mixture with olive oil and mix well.
- Add a splash of Walnut oil/
- Give the fish a soak in salt water, pat it dry and season it inside and out with
- Salt & pepper
- Give the fish a little rub down with olive oil
- Spread half of the mixture in the cavity of the fish
- Spread half of the mixture over the fish.
- Display the onion, tomato, garlic with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of
- white wine, salt and pepper in a foil. ( you can add in this bed a little bit of salad)
- Fold the sides of the foil over the fish, covering completely, seal the packet closed.
- Place the package on a baking dish.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 20-26 minutes until cooked through.