400g mushrooms cleaned and finely chopped (if possible add few dry or fresh porcini)
3 shallots peeled and finely chopped (if not available, replace par 1 medium white onion peeled and finely chopped)
2 big peeled garlic cloves
200ml fresh cream ( or a mix of cream and sour cream)
250mg of Almond meal
Bouquet garni (link for method)
63cl vegetable stock and 37cl of almond milk (if no almond milk increase the vegetable stock to 1litre)
1 small bouquet of flat-leaf parsley
1 egg yolk
Sea salt and pepper
Truffle Oil (Optional)
Almond Oil (Optional)
- Mix the chopped mushrooms, chopped shallots and chopped garlic.
- In a large casserole, add half of the butter on a medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the mixture, stir, for 3minutes – medium heat, don’t let it turn brown.
- Add the almond meal and the vegetable stock and almond milk.
- Add the bouquet garni, salt and pepper.
- Mix and bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bouquet garni.
- Whiz the soup a little bit, keeping some bits of mushrooms.
- Mix the egg yolk and fresh cream.
- Stop the heat and add the mix egg/cream to the soup and mix well.
- Before serving sprinkle the chopped parsley on top of the soup and few drips of truffle oil and few drops of Almond oil.
- Serve with grilled garlic bread.
You can quickly fry some nice-looking mushrooms like Girolles, Chanterelles or oysters and sprinkle these on top of the soup.
You can re-enforce the parfum by adding ,before you introduce the almond meal to the soup, 1 dessertspoon of tomato past.
The soup can be prepared few hours before the dinner and can be re-heated the day after.